Internal Auditor - #6517552
Thermo Fisher Scientific
The job: Internal Auditor
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced auditor to join our EMEA based Internal Audit Function either based at our Inchinnan site, outside of Glasgow or our Altrincham site, outside of Manchester.
You will join an existing team of auditors who conduct internal financial audits of sites that are at the forefront of medical and scientific technology with ultimate functional leadership from Boston, MA.
Working closely with site Finance, you will perform operational effectiveness testing on key financial controls to ensure integrity over the financial records and transaction accuracy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to join a fast paced and diverse audit function with the world’s leader in serving science, with career prospects to progress within internal audit, or move into future roles in Finance.
What will you do?
- Plan, perform and execute financial audits within EMEA, testing key financial controls to ensure integrity over the financial records and transaction accuracy.
- Participate in annual Global Sarbanes-Oxley assertion and attestation process.
- Preparing work papers in line with the department's expected Audit standards.
- Develop formal written reports to communicate audit results to management, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Work closely with management teams in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimisation, profit improvement, internal control and compliance across a multi-location, international company.
- Work with and develop relationships with our external auditors.
- Assist with the development of risk assessments and audit plans, including audit methodology improvements and innovation.
- Assist in establishing common processes, policies, and procedures across a multi-location, international company.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree and CA/ACA/ACCA/ACMA qualified
- 1-2 years of internal/external auditing or related experience.
- Sarbanes-Oxley audit/financial experience, preferred not essential
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple projects
- While audits will be performed primarily on a remote basis, travel will be required in certain circumstances, such as new acquisitions and thus the role will require 10-15% max European travel per annum.
What’s in it for you:
- Personalized career development plan with clear and definable progression routes.
- Private healthcare, Critical Illness Cover and Life Assurance as standard.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Hybrid working.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.